Today 22nd September is Community Volunteering Day at Mile2
- Get your fingers green with community gardening in Tudor Park, transforming it into a sensory garden.
- Meet the Mile2 residents by sampling some of the upcoming projects and relaxing in the M2 Community Café.
- The Mile² Community Café will be serving refreshments all day to provide a location for staff and community residents to meet.
- DMU academics will be teaching the younger Mile² residents how to build a robot.
- There will also be rugby, football and basketball tournaments running throughout the day.
- 5.30-7pm: M2 Community Café continues with free tea and cake at the end of the day. Come down and see the impact of volunteering that day.
- To register your interest in volunteering: Mile2@dmu.ac.uk, 0116 207 8064.
The Square Mile project is a DMU1s project designed to use the expertise of the university’s staff and students to help improve the life and surroundings of residents in the Newfound Pool, Fosse Road and Westcotes areas of Leicester. The idea is to share academic and professional expertise with more than 7,000 local residents (living in 2,000 homes) to improve their communities and to demonstrate the public value of universities.