To celebrate the beginning of the new academic year next week we will start a research project about how to make De Montfort University a greener place.
We will be talking about climate change, the impact of our actions on the environment, and environmentally significant behaviours that everyone can perform @DMU. The environmental campaign will be happening on this blog, Twitter [@SustainableDMU], and Facebook [SustainableDMU Facebook page] where we will be sharing information and research about climate change and the impact of individual actions.
However, the intent is not only to share our projects and research with you, but also to collect your ideas and your thoughts about sustainability and about a greener DMU!
Join the conversation!
What you can do:
- You can read and comment on this blog
- You can add comments to Facebook discussions
- You can start your own discussion on our Facebook page
- You can follow and interact with us and our followers on Twitter
- You can ask us and our followers at DMU to answer you questions and doubts about climate change on Twitter and Facebook
- You can share our page with your friends and invite them to participate too
What we will do:
- We will share with you relevant information about climate change
- We will share the environmental projects we are implementing at De Montfort University
- We will share with you our future projects and ideas to make DMU a greener university and we will ask you what you think about them
- We will answer to your tweets and comments
- We will do our best to answer your questions and solve your doubts with the help of our `expert` [the DMU academics working on sustainability and that are active on social media]
Every week there will be a different topic to talk about; for example next week we will start the conversation talking about the causes and the consequences at the global and local level of climate change. In the following weeks we will concentrate on the environmentally significant behaviours that can be performed at DMU, for example the use of electricity, the heating system, the use of water, or the travel choices.
We will ask you what is your favourite topic for the next week on Fridays, so that the majority we`ll be able to choose their topic of interest.
What do you think? Would you like to participate?